18 March, 2009

Ha Ha Conversation With SO

My dearest quoted a newspaper article about alien life forms. I'll risk boring you all to tears. Hey, nobody's forcing you to read!

(Don't you dare leave. Read it now.)
Him: "The current research estimates that there are at least 361 intelligent civilisations in our Galaxy and possibly as many as 38,000." Now that's a nice precise guesstimate, lol

Elisa: very. scientific even.

Him: And I had thought they had yet to find any exoplanet that actually could support life...

Elisa: They should have just said they'd narrowed it down exactly to "sum numberz of peoplez".

Him: "While researchers often come up with overall estimates... 'It's a process of quantifying our ignorance.' "

Him: Ömg, I need to be paid for making ignorant guesses too! *

Elisa: I need to be paid for finding scientific-y-sounding explanations for not having a clue.

Him: "It's a process of quantifying our ignorance." Now that's a good quote. Hey, I have an idea! Let's pool all our ignorance together and make some wild guesses! Anyone up for that?

Elisa: Hey, we're all scientists, let's release an official-sounding statement about not having any idea!

So yeah... anyone wanting to offer me such a job, please feel free to contact me.


~ Elisa

* Umläuts äre funny. They're cäused by wäcky Euröpeän keyböärds.

PS. It pained me to do that. I feel an uncontrollable urge to apply Finnish pronunciation to the above sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment