21 January, 2009

Top Five Toddler Toys

A lovely lady by the name of Minnie Chatterfield emailed me this week to complement me on a piece of poetry I'd written. While I was very flattered and she managed to put a HUGE smile on my face, I was more than a little stunned! The piece took all of ten minutes to write, and truth be told hadn't done very well in the Helium rankings at all, so after 3 or 4 days I had stopped checking on it. Well, when I looked again today it's at number 2. Crazy ratings people, huh?

ANYWAY, looking in her bio to reply to her with a thankyou, I came across her Featured Article™. It's a pretty fascinating look at the kinds of toys that kids have chosen as their favourites. I don't have a toddler (and I never will have a toddler again), but I think these toys could just apply to kids in general anyway.

I'm pasting the beginning of Minnie's piece here; I hope she doesn't mind, but it's fascinating. I would really, really encourage you all to please click through and read Minnie's article. Or even click through and don't read it. Whatever, but it deserves a great ranking in search engines because what she has to say is pretty cool.

~ Elisa

The Top 5 Toddler Toys - Minnie Chatterfield

When I first started researching for this article I fully expected to write a "Top 10 Toddler Toys" with attached links to where they could be purchased on-line. I visited several parenting message boards and I posted the following question "If you had to give away all your toddler's toys but one, which one would you keep?" The results were very shocking, but they were consistent from message board to message board. No one chose any of the expensive "Laugh and Learn" or "Little Tykes" toys. No one chose the educational lines of "Leap Frog" or "Baby Einstein." Not even the normally popular "Fisher Price" or "Play Skool" were chosen by parents of toddlers. I couldn't even get ten different enough toys to form a "Top 10" list; I had to settle for a "Top 5".

See The List at Helium

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the plug. I'm very touched

    Minnie

    PS. I've bookmarked your blog. I already know I like your writing style :)

    ReplyDelete