05 August, 2009

Oh the food I could feed...

...and eat... and eat. Cheeses, salamis, berries, rye bread, OMFG I have been stuffing my face. It is all sooooo yummy. I will need to get some exercise happening soon before I am too fat to leave this apartment! So far I have been able to "cook" alright. I don't have the spices and herbs I am used to owning but I'll make do. Finns are far more used to plain foods, or else buying the seasonings one ingredient at a time. They are slowly learning that there are more exciting combinations than "Italian herbs" when it comes to blends. And I, for my part, will not be assembling celery seed, cumin, coriander and 30 other items just to attempt (and fail) to replicate McCormick Steak Spice. It would seriously threaten my reputation for laziness. There is gravy here. It's called brown sauce. But you have to cook it. Kim says she will send me some instant Gravox. It will feel like Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment