14 April, 2010

Hmmm writing?

So I've submitted an article to Helium for the first time in ages. I wasn't too enthused about the subject though, and it shows (currently ranking just above the middle). I need to put some quality in. Maybe next time? Blah.

Tonight I attempted home made pizza. The base was absolutely fantastic! I did have to add more flour than the recipe asked for, but that's ok, all flours are different. I made the dough in the breadmaker and threw in 4 tsp of pizza herbs to it. Pizza dough recipe

The toppings weren't so perfect though. I made one with barbecue sauce, because I ran out of tomato. It was ok, but overall the pizzas were a bit sweet (pineapple and sweet corn overdose). It needed something more on the salty side of things. Still, I can still award myself 7 out of 10, quite respectable for a first attempt. And the crust was a 9.

2 comments:

  1. You aren't going to learn anything in class. What you need is Finnish friends who can resist the urge to speak English all the time. I had to be really strict with my friends when I first moved here. This meant that for like a year or so I just sat and listened, maybe once and a while I'd actually have something to add to the conversation. Gradually I was able to figure out what was going on. Watch more Finnish language television, read Finnish papers and magazines. A job with Finnish-speaking coworkers also helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True indeed. I don't mind practicing the grammar again, but the best lesson we've ever had was a substitute teacher who spoke Finnish for the entire lesson. Having children who don't speak any Finnish isn't helping me much either! :)

    ReplyDelete