19 October, 2008

The Geek in me is Amused.

My travels today took me to Wil Wheaton's Blog, highly recommended for anyone posessing more than a splash of geekdom. Yes, he's that guy who played Wesley Crusher on Star Trek: The Next Generation. Yes, that annoying teenaged geek who was capable of steering an enormous space ship through World War 285 with the finesse of a 55yo veteran pilot and without a single casualty*.

It is so refreshing to see a celebrity who's not a celeBRATy, instead of the usual hand up to the camera lens and "talk to my agent" brushoffs. (As an aside, the first celebrity blog to strike me as amazingly honest and free of crap was Pauley Perette's - sadly she had to remove it after stalkers threatened her safety.)

But I digress. Anyone who ever received a REAL Nintendo Game&Watch as a Christmas present, and/or finished Alex Kidd in Miracle World right to the end, and/or used to lug their computer to LANs at the local hall in the days before Broadband... will love Wil's blog.

~ Elisa

PS. I almost forgot! In Wil's FAQ was found a marvellous gem. I am in awe. Here is my personal geek block.

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GIT d- s-:- a C+++ U-- P+ L+ E--- W+++ N? o? K- w+ O !M-- V? PS+(++) PE-(--) Y+(--) !PGP t++ 5- X- R+ tv+ b+ DI+ D? G e-(*) h-- r++ x++++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------ decode



* I must note here, that as a ritual ST:TNG watcher in its heyday, Wesley Crusher was my absolute favourite character and I had a massive crush on his gorgeous self.

No comments:

Post a Comment